Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you.
Information you give us:
You will voluntarily provide us with Personal Data which includes your name, email address and phone number when you:
- Complete a contact form
- Phone, message or email us directly
- Post comments on our website.
- Participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website.
Information we collect about you:
Each time you contact us via our website, email or phone, we will add this to our Client Relationship Management (CRM) System and note down the nature of this interaction. This is not an automatic system. The information we will collect from you is personally identifiable such as your name, email, address, phone number, house value and remaining mortgage about to enable us to contact you to talk through options and to communicate any updates we may have in relation to your requirements.
Each time you use our website, we may automatically collect the following information which is non-personally identifiable:
- Technical information that your browser sends whenever you visit our website. This log data may include your Internet Protocol (IP) address, the address of the web page you visited before using our website, your browser type and settings, the date and time of your use of the Service, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences and cookie data.
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our website (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected via our website. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, advertising networks, analytics providers and search information providers).
Uses made of information
We will only use information held about you for the following purposes:
Information you give to us:
If you have contacted us directly: We will use this information to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer and to keep you up to date on the progress of an application. We work with partner organisations and will share your data with these companies to find you the best possible solutions for you.
Information we collect about you:
Website: We will use this information:
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To improve our website to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about services which may be of interest to you.
By using the website, you agree that we can access, aggregate and use non-personally identifiable data we have collected from you. This data will in no way identify you or any other individual. We may use this aggregated non-personally identifiable data to:
- Assist us to better understand how our customers are using the website
- Provide our customers with further information regarding our services
- Provide useful business insights from the aggregated data.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). By using our website, you consent to Personal Data being collected, held and used in this way and for any other use you authorise.
Information we share with third parties:
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
- Our partner organisations who provide services to you on our behalf
Access to information:
You have the right to access information held about you.
Right to deletion or rectification:
We permit you to delete and rectify information you have provided to us, subject to the conditions of our Customer Terms and our legal obligations set out below.
Applicable Data Protection Law
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, the data controller is McMillan Stanton, a private limited company registered in England with number 10247612 whose registered office is 65 Hebden Road, Haworth, England, BD22 8RQ. ICO Number: ZA512788.
Our website may contain links to and from third party websites of our partners, networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any responsibility or liability for the privacy practices or content of these websites.